RECIPES - SEAFOOD Top
• 8 very thin fillets of fish
• 60g butter,
• 250g diced tomatoes
• 4 chopped green onions,
• 1/2 finely sliced capsicum
• 125g diced mushrooms.
• 190g butter, extra
• 2 tblspns chopped parsley
• Flour, egg and breadcrumbs, for coating.
Melt the butter and add the tomatoes, green onions, mushrooms and capsicum
Simmer for about 3 minutes. season and cool.
Cream the extra butter until it is quite creamy. Add the vegetables and parsley. Mix well.
Spread the butter mixture over the fish fillets and roll up the fish, firmly. trim the edges
Coat the fish in flour. egg and then breadcrumbs. repeat with the egg and breadcrumbs
Fry until golden and cooked through, about 5 minutes.
* These could be cooked in the oven.
GARLIC PRAWN KEBABS
• 16 large green prawns, shelled and de-veined
• 8 tsps oil
• 1/3 cup white wine
• 4 cloves of garlic
• savoury rice, to serve
• chopped chives to garnish
Mix the oil, wine and garlic, in a bowl. Add the prawns, coat well and chill for 1 hour.
Soak the skewers if they are wooden. Thread prawns onto skewers
Either grill or BBQ on high for 2 - 3 minutes until they change colour.
Brush with marinade while cooking.
Serve on a bed of savoury rice and garnish with the chives
* Don't overcook prawns or they will become tough.
PRAWN STIR FRY
• 1 1/2 cups drained, tinned tomatoes
• 500g green prawns
• 6 tblspns oil
• 1/4 cup onions, finely chopped
• 1/2 cup dry white wine
• 2 tblspns parsley, chopped
• 100g feta cheese, cut into small cubes
• 1 tsp oregano
• freshly ground black pepper
• 1 tsp salt
Drain & chop the tomatoes. Shell & de-vein the prawns
In a large frypan or wok, heat the oil until hot. Add the onions & cook stirring until transparent.
Stir in the tomato, wine , half the parsley, oregano & season to taste.
Bring to the boil & cook uncovered until the tomato thickens to a light puree.
Add the prawns & stir over medium heat until the prawns turn pink. Don't over cook
Stir in the cheese, place in a serving bowl & sprinkle with remaining parsley.
Serve at once.
SALMON & ALMOND LASAGNE
• Salmon mix :
• 415g tin of salmon, drained
• 1 tsp butter
• 2 onions, chopped
• 425g tin chopped, peeled tomatoes
• 2 tblspns white vinegar
• 3 tsps hot english mustard
• Cheese & almond sauce :
• 60g butter
• 60g flour
• 1 1/2 cups milk
• 1 cup sour cream
• 125g grated tasty cheese
• 1 tblspn chopped mint
• 1 tblspn chopped almonds
• 1 tblspn slivered almonds
• 1 packet instant lasagne sheets
Salmon mix : Heat the butter & lightly saute the onions. Flake the salmon & add, with the tomatoes, vinegar & mustard
Sauce : Melt the butter & stir in the flour, cook 1 minute. Stirring, gradually add the milk & bring to the boil.
Remove from heat & add sour cream, grated cheese, mint & almonds. Mix well.
Grease an ovenproof dish & place a layer of lasagne sheets over the base.
Top with half the salmon, then half the sauce. repeat the layers. Top with the slivered almonds
Bake at 180c for 1 hour.
• 1 can cream of mushroom soup
• 1 large tin tuna, drained
• 450g tin pineapple pieces
• small packet frozen mixed vegetables
• 2 tblspns sherry ( optional)
• 1/2 cup grated tasty cheese
• small packet potato chips
Heat the soup and add the mixed vegetables. Heat until vegetables are cooked.
Drain the pineapple, reserving a little juice. Add the pineapple & reserved juice to the soup. Stir through the tuna.
Heat until it is hot. Stir through the potato chips, cheese & sherry.
Serve on a bed of rice
back to top
• 36 scallops
• 12 tblspns , finely julienned carrots
• 2 cloves garlic, crushed
• 12 tblspns , finely julienned leeks
• 3 tbspns butter
• 1 1/2 cups dry white wine
• 2 tblspns chopped parsley
• 2 tblspns cornflour, mixed with water, to make a paste
In a frypan, add the wine & bring to a simmer. Add the carrots, garlic & leeks & poach gently until ' al dente'
Add the scallops & poach gently. Take care not to overcook. Add the butter & cornflour mixture. Stir gently to combine.
Serve garnished with the parsley.
Rendle Web Services New Zealand